Thursday, November 11, 2010

COMPLETE!

After final inspections from three city divisions and only four things to fix that were very minor, we got our Certificate of Occupancy! We've been waiting for this day for over a year, and it's weird to think we've earned the C.O. finally! It's our house, we can live in it, and all the work is done- what an accomplishment!
***I personally feel like I schmoozed the inspectors into passing us quickly, I wore my old "City of Westminster" park ranger shirt, had the cutest baby in the world smiling at them, and I was chatting up a storm about how excited I was to move in this weekend. Go me!
We had the person at the city take a family picture of us with it!
I was a little disappointed that Ryan's name was the only one on the document... I did a lot of work at the house too! He's a male, so it just proves our society still isn't ready to recognize women in construction...errr.

We can finally relax, start packing, and MOVE IN!

2 comments:

  1. Ok dying to see it in person!!! I looks amazing!! You guys are awesome. It was so great to see you at the mall the other day. We look like a bunch of crazies and there you were with your calm single!! She is beautiful and so good. I am so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it’s way too late, but I still want to congratulate both of your for finishing the house! I can only imagine how you feel once you saw that your home is all done. How is it now? It is always feels good to achieve something monumental, like building your own residence. There is some satisfaction in knowing that from mere ideas, you were able to construct your own home. Just continue to fill your home with joy and memories!

    ReplyDelete