Friday, July 30, 2010

Camping

We were finally able to take my little brothers camping with us this year. They are 14 and we've been asking my mom since they were about 6 and she's always been too nervous to let us take them. It was a fun time!
We went just southwest of the small town of Jefferson. It was secluded, right by a beautiful meadow and creek and was only about 1 hour and 40 minute drive. The next time Ryan and I went to the same spot we saw 4 moose in this very meadow!

We didn't have any electronics for entertainment, including a chain saw to collect firewood! So everything we burned, we had to go collect and chop.


I was 34 weeks pregnant!


Both the boys were so good- no fighting even!



They didn't know I snapped this picture, but it was so neat to see them "star gazing" and working together so closely to find the big and little dipper among the tall trees.


We ate like kings! The boys even had dish duty afterwards, but it was worth it to eat such good meals.



Ryan and the twins starting our fire. This is a turning point for Ryan, usually he uses gas to start fires. He actually liked the "challenge" of starting it the correct way!
On the second night the rain started in the afternoon and soaked the tent and sleeping bags my brothers were using. Little Ryan also was feeling sick from eating WAY too many gummy bears, so we decided to go home early. Even with that decision, it was still a great time and I'm glad my mom let us have some time with them. Next year, we'll have to do it again!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Angie, you are just TOO CUTE. I wish I were around you so I could see you pregnant more. I know you don't feel like it, but I hope you are getting lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete